My mom has always used this banana bread recipe. Because I grew up with it, any other kind of banana bread sort of tastes weird to me. So, I keep it simple and only make this one. It’s an oldie but a goodie. Plus, it’s easy and quick, and requires only 6 ingredients!
I don’t even need to add any extra explanations to this recipe because it is that simple. Combine all of the ingredients in order and then bake according to the directions below. Done! You will spend more time eating than you will baking. That is always a winning ratio for me.
Pssst… If you like the recipe cards shown, download the free printable here.
This banana bread tastes like home to me, so I hope you all enjoy it too. For variation, you can add a sprinkle of cinnamon or nutmeg to the batter. You could also sprinkle some sugar on top of the bread after it is done baking. No one has ever been mad about some chocolate chips being thrown into the mix either 😉
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup (one stick) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 cups flour
- salt sprinkle (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat loaf pan(s) with cooking spray.
- Cream together butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, baking soda, and bananas and mix well.
- Add flour and salt and combine.
- Spread batter into loaf pan(s).
- For single loaf, bake for one hour or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. For mini loaf pans, bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool before slicing.