Fall is right around the corner and all it makes me want to do is roast stuff in the oven: beef, vegetables, whatever. This year, the new go-to in our household are these roasted herb drumsticks. They are so juicy and delicious! They also pair well with almost any side dish, so that’s pretty cool too.
To start, coat a baking sheet with a thin layer of olive oil. I always put a layer of tin foil down on my baking sheet because it makes clean up super easy (and I will be much too full of chicken to wash dishes). Rub olive oil on each drumstick and then arrange them all on the pan. Don’t load the chicken with oil because that makes it difficult to get the mouthwateringly golden brown skin.
Combine the spices in a small bowl. One by one, rub each drumstick with the spice mixture on all sides.
Bake at 400 degrees. After 25 minutes, take the baking pan out and turn all of the drumsticks over using tongs. Return to the oven for another 25 minutes. Done! Super easy, right?
Like I said, these roasted herb drumsticks go well with almost any side: potatoes, rice, green beans, carrots, etc. You really can’t screw these up. Enjoy!
- 4 pounds chicken legs (drumsticks)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper (or more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat the bottom of a baking sheet with olive oil. Rub olive oil on each chicken drumstick and then place on pan.
- Combine herbs and spices in a small bowl. Using your hands, pat the spice mixture onto each drumstick, making sure to coat all sides.
- Bake drumsticks. After 25 minutes, remove the pan from the oven and flip each piece of chicken over. Return to the oven for another 25 minutes.
- Drumsticks will be hot; wait a few minutes before handling.